Sunday, December 2, 2012

Another road trip. (painful on my part)





     We still had the Mazda when we transferred to Cherry Point,NC. I still didn't find the overheating problem and I was changing plug wires every few weeks. On our trip home to NY the wires were arching and shorting to the engine. We pulled over so I could fix the wires to get home. I grabbed my pliers, opened the hood and started moving the wires. Since I couldn't see if it worked while it was running and I didn't want to keep getting in and out of the car, I asked Ann to start the car when I said "OK". As I was moving the wires around I was talking to myself. I was swearing and cussing due to the cold. I wasn't talking loud enough for anyone to here me. ( at least I thought) I then proceeded to grab one of the wires I knew was shorting out, with my un-coated metal pliers  and said "OK" to myself very quietly. (so I thought). At that moment the engine turned on,a surge of electricity and current shot through my hand, down my arm to where my most valuable parts were leaning into the metal bumper! I screamed with a stuttering voice"TTTUURRN OOFFF THE CCCCAAR!!" several times. After the car turned off I dropped to my knees in pain.  Ann yelled from the car to see if I was OK and she knew she was in trouble. I came to the car door and it was locked, I asked her to open the door and she said "NO" beacause, I was going to hit her. (the pliers in my hand did look threatening) I asked her why she turned on the car. She said I said "OK". As I'm holding my precious parts in hand she starts to laugh. Now, It's cold out and I wanted to get going, she would not let me in the car till I calmed down. So, after about five minutes or so, I was let back in the car, but all the way home Ann couldn't stop laughing and also couldn't wait to tell everyone at home.


     I do enjoy telling these stories, it brings back a lot of memories and makes me laugh. If you think back through your past, you too have the same type of story to tell and probably just as funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment