Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Wineglass Marathon

     Well! I was able to get to the 32nd annual Wineglass marathon. I sat on the Bridge St. Bridge and I took over 2800 pictures. I had a great time. Hearing some runners asking how far, some moans, pain in their faces, breathlessness to getting sick.
      I was also blessed to get shots of families running or even walking together. Family members and friends that finished going back to help the ones still running. I was able to see some run I haven't seen in 30 years to friends and customers. Some stopped to pose for me,give me a thumbs up and smile as they run, walk or crawl by.
     All in all it was a great day. The weather was a little too warm and hard on the runners. One runner started wheezing as she ran by and stopped a few feet from me. She had a panic look on her face. She told me she has never felt that way before. To me it sounded like an Asthma attack. But, she could have been getting the cold that's going around that has the same affects. I talked her through it and she went on running.
     Some day I hope to run at least one half marathon. I walk many miles and carry a heavy pack. But my breathing sucks. I just need to get out there and start trotting. Even if it's just a little a day!
     Congratulations to all the runners. 


P.S.
Here is the link to the gallery of picture I have uploaded so far.

2 comments:

  1. C, I clicked on the link to ChoicePhotos and it says "Page not found". Let me know when you get it corrected so I can see the photos. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathleen I got the link fixed. I had to log into windows explorer to comment. I have been using Firefox lately and it won't let me comment. What a pain.

    ReplyDelete